Bestselling Books that make for Good Summer Reads
Most of us don’t have the time to read as many books as we would like, especially when we’re busy raising families and working. This makes retirement an ideal time to re-read old favorites, learn something new through reading or check out the latest, most popular books. With summer coming up and Arizona heating up, checking out some good summer reads is a great way to stay cool and entertained without having to go outside!
To help you get started, we compiled a list of some of the current NYT Best Sellers.
- The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins
- A psychological thriller
- The Shadows by J.R. Ward
- The latest in the popular Black Dagger Brotherhood series
- Dead Wake by Erik Larson
- A nonfiction account of the sinking of the Lusitania
- American Sniper by Chris Kyle with Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice
- An autobiography of the most lethal sniper in American history, Chris Kyle
- The Stranger by Harlan Coben
- A suspenseful fiction novel
- The Patriot Threat by Steve Berry
- A historical fiction novel on the 16th amendment
- Deep by Kylie Scott
- The final novel in “Stage Dive” a contemporary romance series
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- A memoir by Cheryl and the story of her 1,100 mile solo hike
- The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
- Nicholas Sparks’ 17th romance novel
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- The nonfiction account of 9 American’s experience at the 1936 Berlin Olympics
We hope you enjoy the list we’ve complied and re-discover your love for reading this summer! It’s never a bad idea to learn something new, experience another world or time through reading, or simply read for enjoyment.